Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Last nights debate

I have some thoughts on last nights debate. The general consensus is that Cheny wiped the floor with Edwards. I would have to agree, Edwards came out in attack dog mode but seemd more like a yippy little lap dog. Cheney was somn and stolid, the very definition of gravitas. And he was not pulling any punches. He landed what ammounted to some nice haymakers squarly on the jaw of the Kedwards.

I have a lot of things to do today so I don't know if I'll be able to blog everything I want to. I'll just say this and then leave you with some links. The biggest thing that happend last night was Cheney bringing Kedwards senate records back on the table. This will be the thing that stays on the public stage throughout the rest of the campaign. Just like the global test bit from the Presidential debate Bush's campaign will not let this drop until Nov 3. And in my opinon they shouldn't, and people should realize that any sort of toughness or hawkishness on the democrats side is just lip service.

Here are some good roundups:
Washington Times
Washington Post
James Taranto
Powerline
Captains Quarters
Hugh Hewitt