Friday, July 22, 2005

Check out Rush Limbaugh's interview with Bernie Goldberg, writer of Bias and 100 People Who are Screwing Up America(And Al Franken is no 37).

An excerpt:
RUSH: I want you to tell people about that. First, the title of the book is: 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America. This is, essentially you are exploring the cultural decline and naming some people that might be responsible for it, correct?

GOLDBERG: That is exactly correct, and when you explore the cultural decline, the one thing liberals cannot be, just cannot be, is judgmental -- and, so, they watch television during the family hour with their kids and it is one cheap sex joke after another or their kids listen to gangster rap which is vial nasty music and they won't complain about it the way conservatives will because then they'll be judgmental, and I'm saying, "When did becoming judgmental of trash in the culture become a bad thing?" You know, I don't think that is a bad thing. But, what happened last night was an all-time low. It was a totally unimportant show. Most of your listeners, Rush, probably never even heard of "Donny Deutch" or the Big Idea.

RUSH: I gotta tell you, I never heard it. What did he used to do?

GOLDBERG: He's an advertising guy and he was successful advertising guy, but he knows nothing about broadcasting. I only mention the show to make a bigger point about what has happened on the left, if I may do that.

RUSH: Sure. Go ahead.

GOLDBERG: They invite me on to have a debate about the book. Fine.

RUSH: With who? Just you and Deutch?

GOLDBERG: Well, the first segment was me and Deutch, but then they say they're going to have four other people on. They tell me that some will be agreeing with me and some will not be agreeing with me. Fine. I don't usually like these food fights, but fine. So I said okay. I come on and after the segment with Deutch, they have four, not liberals, "leftists," and Donny Deutch making five. It was a total sandbag. It was a total ambush. They lied to me to get me on and then -- it's okay if you don't read the book and want to ask me questions. All five, Rush, admitted they never read the book but that didn't stop them from a non-stop attack.
Read the whole thing it is excellent. I think I have found the next book to add to my list.