Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Justice!!

Saddam sentenced to DEATH!!!

The Butcher of Baghdad is going to get his just deserts. That is as soon as he gets done with his appeals and the trials for the OTHER mass murders he perpetrated. I think that today he goes on trial for using chemical weapons against the Kurds in 1988.

I was struck yesterday that this is probably the first evil dictator type in my lifetime that is going to get what he deserves. I mean Pol Pot is in house arrest, Muslim extremists in Africa and the Middle East have just been hidden or sent in to exile(Khomeini etc).

The fact that we took this guy down, brought democracy to his former country, and have made him face justice(something he never afforded his victims)makes me proud of my country, my military, and my President.