Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pajamas Media: Mondo Alito Blog

I'm sorry I haven't posted much on the Alito hearings. I've been a tad busy. Here's a summary: Alito is a more intellectual John Roberts, the Dems are trying to smear him, they are failing, Arlen Spector also looks like an idiot, event the NYT and WaPo think the dems are making fools of themselves by trying to demonize Alito, Teddy Kennedy and Dick Durbin have proven to the world that they are idiots. That's what been happening in a nutshell.

Pajamas Media has a great selection of blog posts regarding the hearings that is not to be missed. Keep refreshing that page for updates.

Also Bench Memos has great coverage as well.

Oh and don't miss IMAO's wonderful spoof of the proceedings:
"It's Senator Biden's turn to speak," Specter interrupted, "Everyone can use this as nap time if they want."

"I'd like to start my question with an anecdote from my childhood that I don't quite remember," Biden said, "Once, when scared by a butterfly, I..."

A large gray thing hit Biden in the face and knocked him to the ground.

"We agreed that Alito was not allowed to bring any rocks to these hearings!" Schumer exclaimed.

"That was a chunk of concrete!" Alito said defensively.

"It's the same thing!"

"Oh yeah?" Alito scoffed. "If a chunk of concrete is a rock, tell me whether it's igneous, sedimentary, or metamorphic?"

"He's getting geological on your ass!" Bush laughed. "No wonder people call him and his friends 'wiseguys.'"

"Is the President allowed to make quips during this session?" Schumer questioned.

"According to the Constitution, I can make quips during any formal Senate hearing," Bush said.